Shout! Factory and eOne
Aug 3, 2021 (Limited Edition Steelbook)
Sept 28, 2021 (UHD+Blu-ray & Blu-ray+DVD combo)
Transformers The Movie is almost 35 years old, and unlike the video games which shows the warring Cybertronians looking dirty and with battle scars, the restoration of the film will be crisp and shiny. This work has been meticulously re-restored from a cleaner-than-ever, brand-new 4K transfer of the original 35mm film elements and even better for this home video release is the choice of which edition to pick up!
Beloved by legions of fans, this full-length animated adventure boasts the voice talent of Orson Welles in his final voice acting role and an all-star voice cast that includes Peter Cullen, Eric Idle, Casey Kasem, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack and Frank Welker.
On August 3, 2021 will be the Steelbook edition release. It’s back in stock on Shout Factory’s online shop and is getting an extended run. Any eagle-eyed fans will have to make plans for finding this release in the wild, as its not likely many will offered at box stores. This release features striking new key art by celebrated comic artist Matt Ferguson, an all-new 4K transfer of the movie in widescreen with HDR, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, the film in HD full frame on Blu-ray, immersive bonus content including never-before-seen feature-length storyboards, plus 4 exclusive art cards.
Fans who pre-ordered from shoutfactory.com will receive a limited-edition 18”x24” lithograph by Matt Ferguson, while supplies last.
On September 28, 2021 will be an easier to find release of Transformers The Movie. There’ll be two versions, the 4K UHD + Blu-ray combo pack and a Blu+Ray DVD combo pack which will contain all the same features as the prior release, but without all the frills. >No date has been set for the UK release of these products, but it’s expected this month too.
- New Feature-Length Storyboards, including deleted, alternate and extended sequences (1)
- New Fathom Events 30th Anniversary Featurette, including Stan Bush’s acoustic performances of “The Touch” and “Dare” (1)
- ‘Til All Are One – A comprehensive documentary looking back at THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE with members of the cast and crew, including story consultant Flint Dille, cast members Gregg Berger, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, singer/songwriter Stan Bush, composer Vince Dicola and others!
- Audio Commentary with Director Nelson Shin, story consultant Flint Dille and star Susan Blu
- Animated Storyboards
- Trailers and TV Spots
(1) exclusive to the Limited Edition SteelBook and 4K UHD releases
The year is 2005 …
For millennia, the heroic Autobots, led by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen), have been at war with the evil Megatron (Frank Welker) and his Decepticons over control of their home planet of Cybertron. However, an even greater threat – Unicron (Orson Welles, Citizen Kane), a colossal converting planet that devours everything in its path – is heading right for Cybertron. The only hope is the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Will the Autobots be able to save themselves and their home world in time?
Includes The Widescreen (1.85:1) Version in 4K And Full Frame (1.33:1) Version In 1080p