There’s plenty of mystery boxes to subscribe to and when my home museum of pop culture has grown to proportions beyond the capacity to display, much less to eventually read or look at, to consider getting random stuff delivered to me needs to have a schtick I really like.
In the case of what local comic book store, Legends Comics & Books, offers — each box is unique. The only similarity is in the categories, but not the same item is seen multiple times in different orders. When I’ve known about the type of products once sold at this store, there’s a chance I might get an item I’ve been meaning to purchase but never could because of either the price or finally having the money to buy — only to find it unavailable. When they announced a new business venture on Facebook, well …
In the world of comics, to buy a mystery box is tough. I do not want the stuff from Marvel or DC. When both companies are flooding the world with their product on television and film, I don’t need to be a walking billboard for them. I do not want another T-shirt. I want stuff from the era I grew up with, the 80’s. To support local is my mantra, and I believe most of the boxes delivered in the past few days were hand delivered. A few went out by mail and the rest (the option exists) can be picked up at the store.
Presented is Otaku no Culture’s first mystery box unravelling! (best viewed at 1080p to read the text)
To order one of these bad boys, here are the links to directly order and pay. I’m not certain if Gareth Gaudin will set up a proper webpage for ordering. When the warehouses are clear, so will this offer. So get ’em while they are hot. Locally, people are loving the idea, and they make great Christmas gifts.
Five levels to choose from:
1) THE HAUNTING: A year’s subscription. You’ll receive a box each month for 12 months. $360.00 CAD in total.
2) THE TOMB: All Ages, kid-friendly… A sampler of our vintage collections. $20.00 per month for six months of mail. $120.00 CAD in total.
3) THE GRAVE ROBBER: A one-time purchase. $20.00 CAD gets you some very exciting mail. You will be amazed.
4) THE UNEARTHED: A One-Time mail extravaganza. How much can we fit in a box? More than what your $50.00 CAD should reasonably expect!
5) THE COFFIN: The big time. $100.00 CAD. One-Time Mailing of our most cherished belongings. You’ll want to film yourself opening this one.
Paypal links are now removed as this article is “archived.”